Forms & Permits

  • Dog License Information
    All dogs that reside in La Crosse County, Wisconsin, must be vaccinated against rabies and must be licensed by 5 months of age annually, according to State Statute and County Ordinance.

    A dog license can be purchased through our town treasurer, Danny Kjos, between January 1st and April 1st to avoid a late fee and citation. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required to license your dog.  Email  or call (608)485-3131 iwith further questions or to set up an appointment. 

    If you fail to license your dog by April 1st, you must purchase a dog license from the County Clerk's office and pay a late fee of $25 plus the cost of the dog tag. This also applies if you get a new dog and fail to license it within 30 days, your puppy turns 5 months old and you fail to license it, or if you move into the County with a dog and fail to license it within 30 days.

    The tag number, rabies data, and required information on each owner and dog are kept on file in the County Clerk's office. If you find a lost dog with a La Crosse County dog tag, you may call our office at 608-785-9581 for the dog owner's contact information.
  • Fireworks Permit
    Contact Kevin Timm at or 608-792-4862.
  • St. Joseph Ridge Lions Park Shelter Reservation

    To reserve the Lion's Park Shelter contact The Ridge 608-788-3969

  • Town Hall Rental
    Check website calendar for available dates. Feel free to download rental agreement and send to town hall along with deposit to save date.  For further information email or call (608) 452-4700 or 769-4138.  
  • Driveway Permit
    Contact Kevin Timm at or 608-792-4862.
  • Burn Permit
    You are required by ordinance 22 to have a burn permit before burning any brush, etc.  Feel free to print off the permit and take it to a town official for approval and signature.  
    Chair - Kevin Timm  = 608-792-4862
    Supervisor 1- Chad Morris = 608-317-7691
    Supervisor 2- Daren Schieldt = 608-780-6803